Children's Religious Education
At UUSM, we offer an array of programs for children and youth to help them explore and celebrate their own faith as Unitarian Universalists. Our Sunday morning program includes different types of activities to meet the needs of all kids, regardless of their particular interests or learning style. While the youngest children are taken care of by our loving nursery staff, older children will experience a mix of curricula throughout the year.
What to Expect on Sunday Morning
Religious Education (RE) classes (for children age 4 through middle school) are held from 11:00 am until noon, in locations throughout our campus. Please don’t hesitate to ask for help finding the locations for your children. You are always welcome in our classrooms, so feel free to remain with your child if that works for you and your child. You may also enjoy Coffee Hour in our Social Hall during this time.
Nursery care for infants to age 4 is available all morning, from 9:45 am until 11:30 am. Our nursery is located off the courtyard. Little ones are welcome to remain in the Sanctuary service if that is more comfortable for you.
If you are here for the service, we invite you to bring children into the Sanctuary at the beginning of the service. The congregation will sing them out to children’s programming, including fellowship and snack time.
- Intergenerational Worship to engender religious identity and sense of community.
- Children’s Chapel and Youth Worship to develop faith as Unitarian Universalists and experience wonder.
- Social Action Projects to promote ethical development by allowing children to put Unitarian Universalist principles into action.
- Children's Choir to celebrate the transformative power of music.
- Kids’ Coffee Hour each Sunday to acquaint the children with one another and share food together.
- Mystery Friends and Sundae Sunday to build community by getting to know a "mystery" adult member of the congregation.
For more information please contact: