Directions and Parking
UU San Mateo is at 300 E. Santa Inez Avenue, at the corner of N. Ellsworth Avenue, in San Mateo.
We reside within the North Central neighborhood of San Mateo. Being in a residential area means we do not have a parking lot, and street parking can be challenging. Please allow a few extra minutes to find a parking space on the street.
On Sundays, we have permission to use the parking lot of a nearby professional building. That parking lot is located about one-half block west of our main building, on E. Santa Inez near N. San Mateo Drive.
If you have mobility issues, note that we reserve a few handicapped parking spots near the front of our main building, and also in the driveway of our new property at the corner of E. Santa Inez and Ramona. If you require assistance, please drive up to the 300 E. Santa Inez entrance, and our hospitality team will park your car for you.
There is also a bike rack in front of our Religious Exploration building, and of course we encourage carpooling and public transportation.
We are located just under a half-mile from the Downtown San Mateo Caltrain station; check schedules for weekend service.
To walk here from the San Mateo Caltrain station:
- Exit the train and walk north along the west platform
- At the end, there is a walking trail that will connect you with Railroad Avenue
- Continue on Railroad Avenue and turn left onto Tilton Avenue
- Turn right on N. Ellsworth Avenue
- From there, it’s a three-block walk to UUSM
511.org also has public transit trip planning information.
From the North
- Take 101 South, and exit at Poplar Avenue.
- Continue (heading west) on Poplar, crossing N. Humboldt and N. Delaware until you get to N. Ellsworth.
- Make a left on N. Ellsworth. The next intersection is E. Santa Inez; look for us on the opposite corner
- Take 280 South, use the 380 East Interchange to 101 South.
- Follow directions From the North (above).
From the South
- Take 101 North, and exit at Third Avenue West.
- Continue on Third Avenue, crossing S. Humboldt and S. Delaware until you get to S. Ellsworth.
- Make a right on S. Ellsworth. Continue on S. Ellsworth (becomes N. Ellsworth), crossing Baldwin, Tilton, and Monte Diablo.
- The next intersection is E. Santa Inez; look for us on your right.
- Take 280 North, then 92 East to 101 North.
- Follow directions From the South (above).
From the East or West
- Take Highway 92 to 101 North, and follow the directions From the South (above).